Today, July 12 is the official birthday of Vintage Sapience, yay! Once again, I thank you all 🙂 I wrote a sappy post yesterday, but obviously, that’s not enough ( Emo old me!)
I had wanted a blog for long but kept postponing it, because I didn’t know the when and the and how. It was a new thing. But, when I started off with WordPress, everything looked so much simpler, I didn’t stop planning and designing my blog for a whole week!
WordPress is the best platform to be launching your first blog. It is free, and comes with a host of features :
- More than one thousand themes
- WYSWYG (What you see is what you get) Text Editor
- Code-Free Designing
- Fonts, Styles, GIF-support
- Full autonomy on Categories, Formats and Post Visibility
- Comment Moderation
- Simple Links, Post Preview
- Blog Stats and Review + Suggestions
- Sharing across all platforms
The list is pretty long. And believe me, because I researched a couple blogging sites before so wisely choosing WordPress. (Pat on the back)
I was encouraged by friends and a lot of people who believed in my abilities. Their support was paramount in this blog being as good as it is. I won’t name names, but I bothered them with hundreds of blog designs and ideas to create the ultimate look. Of course, it shows that you give your blog that tender love and care while having good content.
My Very Doable Tips:
- Post as frequently as you can
- Follow and learn from accomplished bloggers
- Always reply to comments, talk to readers
- Engage in conversation, on others’ posts as well
- Not just write, but read new posts
- Install the WordPress app, to get your WP Reader feed on the go
- Personalise your Reader Feed, to suit your need ( More on this below)
- Include links to further reading
- Make your posts entertaining
- Adhere to your blog design
- Include new elements, if things feel monotonous
- Thank your readers, because they are the ones actually reading the blog
- Follow someone back if they follow you
- Create a call to action, subscribe to email list or Follow on Twitter etc
- Use most appropriate tags to direct audiences
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation with keywords- Use the title name in the URL for good optimisation. Learn more from Google’s Adwords about simple SEO
Get The Very Best Reader Feed
- Follow good blogs
- Set tags to find particular content. I have set it to – love, poetry, blogging, life, happy. So everytime someone tags their content with it, it appears in my feed. That’s also how I find new blogs.
- Use WP discover to find blogs similar to, or in accordance with your likes
- Read and follow new blogs
Although, I am not a perfect blogger myself, I think this can help someone.
One last tip: Share your knowledge. Like I did, with this post. 😛
Give it some time, and there will be a dedicated audience for your posts too. Shorter content, crisp ideas and a lot of wilful interaction makes your blog a good one. I do hope in my heart mine’s okay because I usually don’t write such long posts as this. But it’s my ( My Blog’s ) Birthday, so one long post can be accommodated! 🙂
I’m sure there are more tips out there about building a popular blog. Share some more with me!
PS: Here is my very first post on Vintage Sapience. It explains why I chose to name it in such a way.